Monday 20 September 2010

Ufologists Fortean Times

Ufologists Fortean Times
My other supplication to pet name (moreover subsequent to having worked amongst Seth Shostak) is that I passed on three time operational in the Ministry of Defence quarters in Whitehall stretch Tear Pope was give to. By that time (1996-98), Tear had encouraged on from his modify on the "UFO record", but he had earlier manage a type celebrity inflowing UK ufology.

My own job in MOD was concerned amongst best quality air coup research (a nationwide perfectly private amongst UFOs, of course), so I never had any glossed relationships amongst Tear... except I did chat amongst him in the way on a few occasions. Back I met him in identity, however, I did terrain a tether of very well Tear Pope anecdotes. The first dates from circa 1992, being I was operational at the research site in Farnborough. Forteana was earlier one of my hobbies at the time, so I was questioning to decode an article in the MOD house journal in which a juvenile record representative described his work interest amongst UFO reports from the communal. The designer, of course, was Tear Pope -- and I bet that sign bit article was his first appearance in print (avertable to say, I've lost the clipping... except I undoubtedly call to mind bitter it out at the time).

A noticeable thing about that fresh article by Tear Pope is that he held he knew whiz about UFOs being he started the job, and had no strong opinions about them one way or the other. That brings me on to my jiffy (match flimsier) report, which dates from 1997 being I attended a course in London called "An A-to-Z of British Government". One of the other participants had, in a creative posting, worked on the Air Rod 2b record... totally so therefore to Tear Pope, who was Air Rod 2a. Ex-AS2b told me (and I'm quoting from a mention I complete at the time) that totally from Nick's first day in the office he was an greedy adherent in UFOs, and that he ordinarily overstated his membership amongst them (according to my solution, UFO reports release accounted for about a tenth of Nick's workload). Not sure that I broadly thanks this... I sheltered the truth mendacity wherever in the middle of Tear Pope's tab and his ex-colleague's version!

"The DVD pictured on the not here (Tear Pope: the Man Who Absent the MOD") retails at lb27.49 from Amazon UK, except I got my own residue of it for whiz -- it was divide up of the advantage (it would be ungrateful to say good quality) for attractive the Fortean Grow old Thoughts of Ufology" competition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment