Tuesday 7 January 2014

Some Ufology Recordings

Some Ufology Recordings
FIFTY TRACKS OF INTERVIEW AND LECTURE RECORDINGS OF 'CONTACTEES' FROM THE WENDY CONNORS AUDIO HISTORY OF UFOLOGY SERIES MAY NOW BE HEARD ONLINE WITHOUT CHARGE. The archive.org "Faded Disc Archive - The Contactees" page presents the audio tracks from the two volumes of the Wendy Connors Faded Discs Audio Archive of UFO History series focusing on "The Contactees": "Flying Saucers & Four Guys Named George: Adamski, Van Tassel, Hunt Williamson & King" (Volume 1) and "Saucerology: Tales of Giant Rock" (Volume 2). Two additional tracks are also provided that present a 1957 Long John Nebel broadcast and a 1959 lecture by Orfeo Angelucci. Fourteen of the 25 recordings on the Volume 1 disc feature George Adamski and in the first file recorded by A.G. Dittmarr in 1953, Adamski recounts his first asserted encounter with the Venusian 'Orthon.' I found this track to provide an example of a contrived and incongruous contactee account, including Adamski's description of being injured after moving under the spaceship with his right shoulder: "And as it got there, this power was on - sort of a jet-type power. It wasn't a jet exactly. It was a magnetic force, I realized it but it was pounding towards the earth back and forth. You couldn't hear it but as my arm got caught and that's the only analysis I can make, that it first pulled by arm up against the flange of the ship and then suddenly reversed that polarity and shot it downward..." He eventually declared, "This arm was sort of paralyzed after that for a while and sort of numb. And even now and then today it happens - just suddenly without a warning it flops like a rag. And I have no feeling in it and suddenly it comes back again. It has not been completely cured as it should've been by now. And maybe never will - I don't know. I'm not worried about it at all." Some of Adamski's concluding remarks of this recording include: "So far it's only my word and the other fellows' words and so forth. But I'm not the only one that made personal contacts. I have records on file here of something like several such contacts have been made since I made mine and a number of them before I made mine... the only difference is that I happened to publish my experience while so many of them have not... I'm just one among a - millions in this world. That - you say, 'Why did it happen to you?' But I say it happened to others too so it didn't all happen to me..." Notes about the tracks on the Georges CD mention the association of Adamski and Williamson: "George Hunt Williamson accompanied George Adamski in November, 1952, when Adamski claims he met Orthon." Williamson mentioned his knowledge of the contactee cases of Angelucci, Truman Bethurum and Daniel Fry in Other Tongues - Other Flesh (circa 1953). Biographical information provided on the back cover jacket of the book includes the following: George Hunt Williamson served with the Army Air Corps during World War II as Radio Director for the Army Air Forces Technical Training Command. He was a member of the AAFTTC Headquarters Staff. He received the Army Commendation Award from Brig. Gen. C. W. Lawrence for his outstanding record of service to the Air Force in Public Relations. He served as an instructor in Anthropology for the United States Armed Forces Institute, and was later appointed Lieutenant in the U. S. Infantry. When I first listened to these audio recordings in 2005 and 2006, I did not have a favorable response to tracks featuring any of the four Georges: Adamski nor 'channelers' King, Van Tassel and Williamson. I was surprised upon hearing at the beginning of MP3 file 20 the England-born founder of the Aetherius Society, George King, commenting at a private home in London in August, 1960 prior to beginning his lecture, "Thank you very much. I will not say anything about myself because it's a pretty nasty topic anyway..." I found some interesting tracks on the "Saucerology" CD, beginning with the first track presenting an interview of Truman Bethurum when he was a guest on Nancy Allen's book review program. A previous blog article provided some excerpts from the interview. As two of three Daniel Fry tracks are barely audible and the third is a confrontational debunking attempt, Fry's books chronicling his contact experiences (reviewed in previous blog articles) provide a better introduction to his case.. continues COPYRIGHT(c)MARK RUSSELL BELL

0 comments:

Post a Comment